Before going for the best adult BMX bikes available, let’s discuss what BMX is? BMX or a bike motocross is a bicycle sport involving racing and freestyle. Earlier the bike used for this BMX sport was known as BMX bicycle. Nowadays, the BMX bikes are used for multiple adventures and stunts like dirt, perk, street biking, etc. In the present contrast, BMX bikes cover not only those used for racing but also includes other adventure bicycle. BMX history goes all the way to the 1970s, when children in Southern California started enjoying dirt biking around custom-built tracks. Though at that time, there were no bikes purposely built for this type of adventure. So, kids started using Schwinn stingrays’ bicycles, as they can be comfortably modified for the purpose.
After a racing documentary aired in 1972, BMX biking attracted thousands of people throughout the country. Presently if you are looking for an adult bmx bike, you will be confused as there are lots of brands that claim to produce the best bikes. So first decide the purpose of biking, as no one bicycle can be termed as best for all the adventures. There are specific bikes for streets, freestyle, dirt, etc. We have conducted a study on more than 10000 bicycle owners online to find out the performance of different bikes and issues they faced with their products. After all these analysis, we have compiled a list of best adult BMX bikes you can purchase.
Top 3 Best Adult BMX Bike
Top 10 Best Adult BMX Bike
- The Legion L20 is a stylish freestyle BMX Bike that offers everything a beginning rider needs to hit the streets and pop off curbs; Suggested rider height is 4’8” to 5’4”
- The durable L20 features a Hi ten steel frame, removable brake mounts, and a 20.25 inch top tube length
- The L20’s drivetrain features 170mm one piece forged steel cranks with a 25T alloy chainring and American loose ball bottom bracket
- The wheelset Features 20” x 2.3” tires mounted on aluminum single wall 36H rims with 3/8” female axle front hub and 9T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub
- Aluminum u brake and brake levers provide precision speed control, while the hi ten steel handlebar and fork are joined by a 50mm stem and threadless sealed integrated headset for maximum steering performance; CHAIN: KMC S1
- Capable of high-end performance – a bike designed for riders with intermediate skills all the way up to Pro – the Mongoose Title Elite Pro BMX race bike is a level above our popular Title series. Suggested rider height is 5'3" - 5'8".
- Professional-grade 6061 Tectonic T1 biaxial hydroformed and butted aluminum frame with 86mm BB shell, 3D forged 10mm dropouts and internal cable routing. 20.75” top tube length and frame weight of 3.28 lbs.
- The Title Elite’s drivetrain features 170mm 2-piece 24mm hollow spindle alloy cranks with a 44T alloy chainring and BB86 press-fit sealed bottom bracket.
- The wheelset features Arisun XLR8 20-inch tires mounted on Xposure aluminum double wall rims with 10mm hollow axle sealed front hub and 16T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub.
- Radius Alloy V-brake and brake levers offer precision speed control, while the 4130 chromoly handlebar and fork are joined by a 50mm stem and sealed bearing headset to combine for maximum steering performance.
- The Legion L100 is a fully park, street or dirt worthy freestyle BMX bike that offers everything a rider could need from beginner level curb jumps all the way up to advanced aerial tricks on a quarterpipe. Suggested rider height is 5'8" and Up.
- This ultra-durable L100 features a Mongoose full 4130 Chromoly frame, removable brake mounts, mid BB shell, and a 21-inch top tube length.
- The L100’s drivetrain features 175mm 2-piece tubular chromoly hollow spindle cranks with a 25T alloy chainring and mid sealed bearing bottom bracket.
- The wheelset features 20” x 2.4” tires mounted on wide aluminum double wall 36H rims with 3/8” female axle front hub and 9T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub.
- Alloy U-brake and brake levers provide precision speed control, while the 4130 chromoly handlebar and fork are joined by a 50mm stem and threadless sealed integrated headset for maximum steering performance.
- The NEW Destro from Elite BMX is another great Mid-level complete that works well on the street, dirt, and park.
- 20” BIKE SPECS: (FRAME: Hi-Tensile steel, FORK: Cr-Mo, HEADSET: 1 1/8" Integrated Sealed, STEM: Alloy (50mm reach), BARS: 4 Piece Cr-MO (8.75" Rise), CRANKS: 3-Piece Cr-Mo Crank 170mm, BOTTOM BRACKET: Sealed 48T Spline, PEDALS: Hi-Density Plastic Platform, SPROCKET: 25T, DRIVER: 9T, TIRES: 20x2.4", BRAKE LEVER: Tektro Alloy, BRAKES: Tektro Alloy U-brake)
- 18” BIKE SPECS: (FRAME: Hi-Tensile Steel, FORK: Hi-Tensile Steel, HEADSET: 1 1/8" Integrated Sealed, STEM: Alloy (50mm reach), BARS: 4-PC Cr-MO (8.75” Rise), CRANKS: 170mm Chromoly 1-PC, BOTTOM BRACKET: Unsealed American 19mm, PEDALS: 1/2 “ Thread Plastic Platform, SPROCKET: 25T, DRIVER: 9T, TIRES: 18x2.4", BRAKE LEVER: Tektro Alloy, BRAKES: Tektro Alloy U-brake)
- Includes 1 set of pegs. (Colors with no size are 20")
- Designed for bigger kids and adults 5’6” and taller
- Made for newer BMX racers who are looking for an entry-level race bike, or those who want to return to the sport after some time off
- Features lightweight 6061 Aluminum frame with ovalized anit-flex seat stays for a lightweight yet responsive ride
- Includes great quality Alloy 3pc Cranks and Tioga Power Block Tires
Frequently Asked Questions
BMX bikes can be really dangerous so you need to use protective gears like helmet, knee guard, elbow guard, and other safety equipment.
Yes, we can assemble a bike by ourselves but it is better if you call a professional for the job.