The best HTPC video card selection depends on the budget you have decided for the purchase. Adding a graphic card to your home theater personal computer can be a good choice to enhance the video experience. Just make sure you select a HTPC video card that has a compatible port to connect with your screen, be it DVID or HDMI. Also check the video format capability of graphic card, if it can stream 1080p Full HD content or 4K content as per your requirement. You should also check that expansion slot of your motherboard for the PCI 2.0 or PCI 3.0 support and buy a compatible card. We have tried to list the best graphic processing cards that comes under $50 to $100 budget.
HTPC graphic cards are available in varied price range, some of the graphic cards can go up to $1000, while you can get a decent graphic card below a $100 budget, you can expect all major game running at low or medium graphics, and good quality video play back from these cards. We have tried to talk with many experienced PC builder and they have guided us in selecting these cards, beside that we have gone through more than 20 products and 15000 reviews by customers to quality the card featured on this list.
Top 3 Best HTPC Video Card
Top 10 Best HTPC video card
- Unleash your creativity with stunning photo and video editing
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7
- Get easy driver updates and one-click game optimization with GeForce experience
- Tap into the efficient performance of the award-winning NVidia Pascal architecture
- Extended warranty included with every graphics card purchase. User registration required on Zotac website
- The VisionTek Radeon HD 5450 Series GPUs fully support Microsoft DirectX 11
- Dolby TrueHD and DTSHD Master Audio Support: Content protected, high bandwidth, 7.1 channels of surround sound over HDMI.
- Avivo Technology Enhanced Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2)
- Dual or Two Monitor support: HDMI, DVI, VGA (configurations require an adapter that is sold separately). Designed for full size case installations
- PCI Express based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard, download of updated video drivers may be required to use this unit
- 1 x DL DVI D. 1 x VGA. 1 x HDMI. Triple simultaneous display capable. HDCP compliant
- 300 watt power supply recommended. 25 watt max power consumption
- HDTV READY: ED 480p. HD 720p. HD 1080i. Full HD 1080p. Quad Full HD (4K)
- Package contents: ZOTAC GeForce GT 730. 1 x Low profile bracket [VGA]. 1 x Low profile bracket [DVI + HDMI]. User manual. Driver disc
- Extended warranty included with every graphics card purchase. User registration required on ZOTAC website
- Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710; Maximum displays: 2
- Video memory: 2gb ddr3/memory clock: 1600 MHz/memory interface: 64 bit
- 300w system power supply requirement; Interface is pci express 2.0 x16 uses x8
- Connectors: VGA, dvi d dual link, HDMI; form factor: Low profile
- HDMI connectors is maximum resolution 4096 x 2160 at 24 hertz; DVI connectors is maximum resolution 2560 x 1600 at 60 hertz
Frequently Asked Questions
You will get a max of 4GB GDDR5 RAM in cards available below $100. If you are looking for high end graphic card that cost above $500 then you can get up to 8GB of GDDR6 RAM.
Normal HTPC video card can’t run latest games like GTA 5, Asphalt 13, and FIFA 18 because of low configuration but high end HTPC video card that cost above $500 can run these games and other high quality video and photo editing apps very smoothly.