Frozen salmon is used to prepare so many delicious recipes all across the country. As it is not possible to transport fishes directly to the markets, they are immediately refrigerated after the harvest. A frozen salmon can be used for up to 4 months from packaging. Salmon contains high proteins and omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial for our body. While some of the brands available in the market offer wild salmons catches in Alaska, others raise their fishes in farms. Many people asked questions regarding the safety of eating wild fish. Here, we like to say that the only difference between a wild and farm-raised salmon is the amount of omega-3 fatty acids present in the fish. Rest assured that all the brands we have listed below are safe to consume.
Sockeye and coho are some of the common breeds that are available in the market. As for the famous dishes that are prepared using Frozen salmons are sashimi, sushi, tartare, burger, Lokhikeitto, etc. We have reviewed 50 brands for their frozen salmon and also read 9000+ user reviews regarding the product quality. After comparing all the products we have created a list of the best Frozen salmon brands available in the market. The list below contains both bone and boneless product, choose as per your need.
Top 3 Frozen Salmon Brands
Top 10 Frozen Salmon Brands
- DELICIOUS FLAVOR: The StarKist Wild Alaskan Salmon Reduced Sodium can features 100% wild caught salmon from the pristine waters of Alaska. It's an excellent choice if you are watching your sodium intake. Certified sustainable seafood by the MSC.
- GOOD SOURCE OF PROTEIN: With 20g of protein per serving, our Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon is naturally a good source of protein and Omega 3s. It’s low in saturated fat, a good source of calcium and rich in vitamin D. Plus, it’s soy free and gluten free.
- ADD VARIETY TO YOUR DIET: StarKist Reduced Sodium Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon is a wholesome choice for a snack or meal. It’s an easy way to add seafood to your diet and fits well with Keto, Mediterranean, and Paleo diet plans.
- VERSATILE: StarKist Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon is a versatile and easy way to liven up a meal. It can be used in salmon cakes, croquettes, stews, salads, and even eaten on its own as a snack or meal!
- BULK 12 PACK: Buy your salmon in bulk with the StarKist 12-Pack. These StarKist Reduced Sodium Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon cans are easy to store and great to have handy for when hunger strikes.
- DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS – Find the fresh flavor you crave with Wild Planet Sockeye Salmon that is canned fresh to retain nutirtional potency and is always skinless and boneless.
- SUSTAINABLE WILD ALASKAN SALMON – Our salmon is always sustainably sourced from the icy waters of Alaska, making it a healthy choice for your body and environment.
- HEALTHY OMEGA 3 – Count on this sockeye salmon to provide you with 470mg of EPA and DHA Omega 3 per 2oz serving, supporting your whole-body health. Trans fat is zero
- PALEO-FRIENDLY, NON-GMO VERIFIED – Since 2004, we have been selecting only the finest quality, 100% sustainably caught seafood for all of our packaged products. FAD-Free, OU Kosher Pareve, Gluten-free.
- WILDLY GOOD – Wild Planet Foods is dedicated to maintaining the ocean’s natural ecosystem while sharing delicious, healthy and sustainable wild seafood.
- Each order contains 10 pounds of wild salmon (approximately 26 portions) in random weight portions, ranging from 4.5 oz to 7 oz. These portions may contain bones.
- Each portion is individually pouched, with no label and no extra boxes - just pure wild salmon in pure bulk format for HUGE savings Stock up for yourself, or go in with family and friends.
- Ships On Ice - refrigerate or freeze upon arrival. Shipped via 2 Day Air Express in a reusable cooler. Shipments on ice are sent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday only unless upgraded.
- Your wild salmon fillets have been quick-frozen to lock in their flavor and nutrients, and shipped to you on dry ice. Upon arrival, please freeze or refrigerate. Fillets will keep in the freezer for approximately 3-4 months; once thawed they should be cooked and used within 1-2 days.
- Please note: due to the perishable nature of this product, we cannot ship to Cannot ship to PO Boxes APO address. Please provide a physical address when ordering this product.
- WILD ALASKAN SILVER SALMON: Wild Alaska silver salmon may not be as large as king salmon but make no mistake; each fillet is packed full of flavor which takes a backseat to no other salmon known to the gods of great taste. Also known as wild coho salmon, silver salmon is milder with its subtle flavors than either king or sockeye salmon.
- 12 X 6 OUNCES FLASH FROZEN: We bring you our troll caught wild Alaskan silver salmon fillets directly harvested by line pole and prepared and frozen on board the boat for absolute freshness which showcases each fillet’s natural flavor.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Alaskan silver salmon is not only naturally healthy for you, but it is also packed with flavor you will enjoy time and again whether you prefer to BBQ or broil. Our flash frozen fillets are perfect for the whole family.
- NATURAL BENEFITS: Wild Alaskan silver salmon fillets are extremely rich in Omega-3s and vitamin D.
- ABOUT US: Northwest Wild Foods has been dedicated to bringing our valued customers with the finest wild and Organic foods that nature has to offer since 1988. Our small family company works hard on the farm and foraging to bring only the best berries, seafood, mushrooms and more delicious foods directly to your door. We offer raw, vegan, Gluten Free and non-GMO foods that are dried, frozen or powdered. As a part of Green America, we ship in recycled materials and do not use styrofoam packaging.
- PrimeWaters Atlantic Salmon are farm-raised in the icy, pristine waters of Norway – each shipment delivered with information of the sea farm and locale the salmon was sourced.
- Atlantic Salmon from Norway has a buttery texture and mild flavor that has come to define this versatile fish. It is raised in cold waters all year long and we freeze it immediately to lock in freshness.
- PrimeWaters Atlantic Salmon from Norway is RAISED WITHOUT ANTIBIOTICS EVER.
- Each order contains 14 (approx. 5 oz. each) frozen, individually vacuum-sealed Norwegian salmon portions – boneless with skin-on - may be kept frozen for up to 12 months.
- THE ORIGINAL NO NAME SALMON FILLETS - NO NAME PRODUCTS carry a legacy of quality products and premier flavor that helped build our reputation as one of Minnesota’s most trusted brands. This 8-Pack of Salmon Fillets are carefully cut & trimmed by our master butchers, flash frozen & delivered direct to you.
- EACH PIECE INDIVIDUALLY PACKAGED- All fillets are vacuum sealed individually, flash frozen, 8 salmon fillets per box.
- SALMON INFORMATION: 8-5oz average cuts of boneless, skinless, and pre-marinated salmon fillets per box. Each salmon fillet includes a pop-up timer, which takes the guesswork out of preparing perfect salmon, our No Name Salmon is Goof-Proof!
- SECURELY PACKAGED IN A COOLER AND DELIVERED FROZEN- Your salmon package will arrive to your door packaged in a hard sided styrofoam cooler with dry ice to ensure proper temperature throughout the delivery process.
- Rolled with open fire oak smoked salmon, combined with refreshing flavors and ingredients on rounds of sweet dark rye and dill cream cheese mousse. Preparation instructions are included.
- Frozen until ready for use, just bake and serve (instructions included)
- We offer freshly prepared hand-threaded frozen snacks with great quality and quantity. AppetizersUSA is consistent about Quality, great taste, convenience and value.
- AppetizersUSA offers delicious hand-crafted appetizers which are ideal for retail customers, personal entertaining, caterers, chefs, foodservice, hospitality and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Salmon is one of the costliest fishes available due to its taste and medicinal factors. Salmon has oils, antioxidants, and vitamins.
Salmon is transported and carried in ice boxes because when temperature raises the tender meat of salmon starts decomposing and leaving the bones making it non-edible.