Phonic toy use both visuals and audio means to provide superior as well as engaging learning ways for kids. The reason these toys are called phonics toys is because they incorporate the phonics method of teaching alphabets. This method incorporates a different approach from the earlier ways of receding letters used in words. In this teaching principle, kids are encouraged to learn the sounds of letters or groups of letters. The teaching techniques under Phonics methods were developed by John Hart in 1570. Phonics toys are perfect learning tools for kindergarten kids.
Amazon stores including Shifu, LeapFrog, VTech are some of the popular toy stores that offer phonics toys suited for 3 to 6-year-olds. These toys are designed in a variety of shapes such as jam, bus, fruits, etc., to attract kids. We have conducted market research, we have created a list of the best phonic toy. In our research, we have compared 35+ STEM Toys. We have also studied around 3500 reviews and feedbacks shared by professional teachers as well as parents. Our top pick from the below-provided list is the Plugo letter by PlayShifu, which is rated for up to 10-year-olds kids.
Phonics toys are ideal gift options for kid birthdays.
Top 3 best phonic toy
Top 10 best phonic toy
- PLUGO LETTERS is an AR-powered word building kit that combines the goodness of hands-on learning and healthy screen-time. Spell with alphabet tiles, grow your vocabulary, and improve grammar with story-based games. Watch the video to catch it in action!
- AGES 4-10 - Plugo app has 5 interactive games and 250+ levels that make learning super fun (no in-app purchases). More importantly, the app adapts these games to the child’s grade from pre-K to 4 for a progressive educational journey.
- STEM, STEAM & everything in between - sharpen your linguistic, reading, comprehension, cognitive, and motor skills. Learn spellings through phonics (ABCs), word usage in sentences, grammar, and language concepts like nouns, verbs, tenses, etc.
- IN THE BOX - The kit contains a Letters Trunk and 48 letter tiles. Spell with tiles on the Trunk, and put them all inside to store away. It comes with the Plugo gamepad, a foldable mat with embedded magnets to hold the Plugo kit on one side, and your device goes in the slot on the other side. Hands-on learning without touching the screen!
- COMPATIBLE DEVICES - iOS - iPad 5th gen or newer, all models of iPad Pro (except Pro 12"), all models of iPad Air, iPad Mini 2nd gen or newer, iPhone 6 or newer | Android - Samsung tablets & smartphones, 2015 or newer with more than 2GB RAM | Amazon Kindle - Fire 7 (9th generation - 2019 release only), Fire 8 (8th generation - 2018 release, 10th generation - 2020 release)
- Choose a level and push the letter tiles into the letter slot to reinforce letter names, phonics and word skills
- Magnetic back makes it great for fridge play in the kitchen
- 26 magnetic letter tiles stick to the fridge and help kids learn the shape of each letter
- Three photo tiles can be customized with your own photos for a unique, personalized play experience
- Tad and his letter factory friends sing their letter names and sounds and show children how to spell three-letter words
- Light-up instrument buttons accompany the letter band by saying their names and playing their sounds and music
- Tad leads the letter band by playing his guitar and singing the ABC song in addition to playing a fun phonics challenge
- Explore a wide selection of interactive activities through five learning modes that include letters & phonics, spelling, game, music and jukebox
- Animated pictures on the LCD reinforce word recognition and bring words to life; plug in ABC blocks to spell a 200+ 3 letter words
- Early learning center allows you to learn letter names and sounds by plugging them in one by one; 4 interactive games included
- Educational ABC block toy teaches letters, letter order, rhyming, words and phonics; 26 letter blocks included plus 4 duplicate letter blocks
- Interactive "Spelling Bee" offers animations that are both encouraging and reinforcing; all letter blocks are stored in the included compartment on the toy
- Spelling toy is intended for kids ages 3 to 6; 2 AA batteries are included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
- THREE GAME DECKS – Included are three carefully graded phonics card game decks each with 100+ words and 36 unique phoneme targets and an assortment of possibilities! This card game for kids promises fun, entertainment, and the opportunity to learn quickly!
- HOME AND CLASSROOM FRIENDLY DESIGN – For emergent readers and young students of English! Clearly readable cards and various game play combinations make this card game set a fun and practical solution for teachers and parents in the classroom or at home. It’s an ideal tool for learning through play the various phoneme patterns that make up the English language!
- ENGAGING GAME PLAY – There are many ways to play AGO phonics card games. Action cards (such as jump, pick up, change color etc) add to the fun. Students learn the phonics sounds and patterns in a natural, fun way with these fascinating educational game cards.
- Over 100 Phoneme targets, and over 300 word high frequency vocabulary count! Each card deck in this box set contains 36 phonics cards (each with unique phoneme targets and vocabulary items), plus 17 action cards, guaranteeing a fun blend of consonants, vowels, digraphs, diphthongs, r controlled vowels and more for emergent readers learning about phonics.
- VERSATILE HOME APP – A free supplementary learning app (IOS/Android), which matches the card's content is downloadable for free, adding a voice to the cards as players enjoy and complete daily phonics lessons.
- Scout drives a bright yellow school bus featuring 26 colorful letter buttons that come alive with unique and silly personalities
- Press a letter button in letter mode to hear its name and sound.Keep the unit clean by wiping it with a slightly damp cloth
- Animal mode introduces an animal that begins with the letter selected, its letter sound and the sound the animal makes
- In game mode, press letters to help characters hop off the bus
- Listen to two fun interactive songs, “Little Puppy Had a Bus” and “Letters Get on the Bus” in music mode
- Play with 26 interactive alphabet tiles! Sing along to fun learning songs and explore the world of A to Z with colorful letter tiles that talk, sing and teach about the alphabet.
- Includes Magnetic Tile Reader, and 26 Interactive Magnetic Tiles. Skills learned include phonics, the alphabet, fine motor skills, and vocabulary.
- Celebrate A to Z with fun learning songs, including the "Alphabet Song" and "Wheels on the Bus. " Kids can learn the alphabet by placing individual magnetic letter tiles on the bus window.
- Build vocabulary by pressing any letter twice to hear Tad use it in a word and a sentence. Place any letter on the bus and press it once to hear Tad say the letter’s name and sound.
- Fridge Phonics reinforces alphabet knowledge, including letter names and sounds, which is an important first step in learning to read. Playing with the letter tiles, which are designed for easy manipulation by little hands, also helps strengthen fine motor and coordination skills.
- MORE EDUCATION FOR YOUR BUCK! - Unlike other ABC toys and posters on the market; The Brainy Bears Sound Chart teaches more than just the alphabet; Flip over to the green side of the mat to continue the fun with two letter and three letter phonics!
- LEARN TO READ - Phonics is the modern method of choice for US schools in teaching children how to read; The Brainy Bears Talking Education Poster gives preschool, kindergarten and homeschool kids a head start over the competition; For ages 3-6
- FREE WALL HOOK AND E-BOOK - This electronic chart can be used on the floor, table or wall; Use the adhesive wall hook to make the perfect addition to your classroom or playroom without taking up space; Also includes "A Parents Guide to Phonics" ebook
- DESIGNED BY TEACHERS - Interactive cognitive learning activities; Presents words using phonetically appropriate examples with American pronunciation; Quiz games with encouragement and feedback; Letter recognition of lowercase and uppercase letters
- CHILDREN LOVE IT - Will keep your child busy and reduce screen time; Easy to press buttons mean that they can learn and play unsupervised; Gives parents a nice break; Volume control allows for some peace and quiet too
- Children will have fun learning “the sound alphabet” in no time with these soft, sturdy, lightweight bean bags. Each of the 26 2.75” beanbags is richly embroidered with a picture representing a letter sound—from apple to zebra. PLUS, the short and long vowel sounds and the hard and soft sounds of c and g are represented by special “double-sided” bags
- Includes 26 beanbags, each with a richly embroidered picture that represents a letter sound. Features pictures on both sides of beanbags to represent long and short vowel sounds
- Includes a handy cloth storage bag and a guide with lots of active, hands-on games that reinforce phonemic awareness
- Washable felt beanbags are lightweight and measure 2.75" each, easy for young children to handle
- Makes a great activity for kids to stay engaged, entertained, and learning outside of the classroom. We are dedicated in providing resources that keep your kids learning and having fun while at home
- GREAT LEARNING TOOL - Improve your child’s ability to learn new words! Spinny alphabet blocks turn reading into a fun, hands-on experience. Each block set includes a learning book with words that match. Words in the book come alive as your child twists the blocks. These movable alphabet letters enable your child to take an active role in reading so they can learn to read the whole book on their own!
- LOVE SOUNDING OUT WORDS - Getting your child to actually enjoy reading can be a real struggle! Spinny Blocks allow them to play fun phonics games by sounding out words one letter at a time. Spin the letters and take turns practicing each sound. By taking the reading experience off the page and into your child’s hands, they can better understand word concepts. A great learning tool!
- ENJOY PLAYING WITH THEM - Books aren’t always a child’s go-to toy. By incorporating fun and familiar alphabet blocks into the reading experience, your child plays a front and center role in the story, and keeps those hands busy!
- EASY TO USE - No more losing blocks! These Montessori alphabet blocks pack an educational punch and stay hooked together, making clean up easy. The set also includes a special burlap storage bag to keep all your blocks together.
- PERFECT SIZE FOR AGES 3 THROUGH 6 - Unlike toys your child quickly outgrows, Spinny Blocks are the perfect pre- through Kindergarten learning materials, offering years of learning and reading fun.
Frequently Asked Questions
We do not recommend putting the Phonics Beanbags in the dishwasher. Feel free to visit our Educational Insights site under the “contact us” page for any other questions you may have.
This product has been tested and is in compliance with ASTM F963-16/17 of the Consumer Product Safety Act.